As Thanksgiving approaches many people are planning on holiday travel. Here is a guide that lists ten tips to help you save money on Thanksgiving travel.
- 1) If you are planning on driving anywhere for Thanksgiving gas up the cars the weekend before. The gas prices tend to jump on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving since so many people will be traveling on Wednesday and Thanksgiving Day.
- 2) If you are planning to fly anywhere for Thanksgiving consider booking as early as September. This will help you utilize low cost fares and many sales that appear months in advance.
Thanksgiving comes but once in a year so make sure that the chosen destination is one that is remembered for a lifetime without compromising on the quality aspect and holidaynomad.com is an excellent website to help you out in this matter as it has the entire planet at your disposal.
- 3) If you need to stay in a hotel book early. As Thanksgiving nears and the hotels begin to book up the prices become steeper. If you book early and lock your price in then you will receive a much cheaper room. You might also want to consider a bed and breakfast for your Thanksgiving stay. These quaint places are amazing during the holidays and they are very economical when you consider that your breakfast is included in your stay.
- 4) Why not meet your family and friends halfway? You could have Thanksgiving dinner in a restaurant together instead of one of you coming all the way. This is a good compromise for families who live many miles apart.
- 5) If you do have to drive a long distance try to maintain your speed to optimize your gas usage. Also, do not overload your car. The more weight that you carry in your car the more gas the car will use up. So try to keep your bags to a minimum.
- 6) Pack snacks and drinks when you leave the house for the road trip. This will save you time and money because you won’t have to stop at costly convenience stores.
- 7) Be sure to rent our car early so you care guaranteed an economy price and hopefully an economy car for lower gas prices.
- 8) Watch for coupons for car rental agencies. These can give you a day free or other savings.
- 9) Check into alternative travel options besides using your car. It might be more budget friendly to try a train trip instead of driving yourself. With the high prices of fuel train tickets are more reasonable nowadays then self driving.
- 10) If you have any distance to travel perhaps you should look into renting an RV instead of a costly hotel room or plane tickets. An RV gives you the versatility of offering a motel on wheels. The price of staying in campgrounds is quite reasonable. Children also adore RVing. It can make for a fun family vacation over Thanksgiving.
Anytime you travel during the holidays please give yourself extra time to get to your destination. Normally the roads are quite busy and can often prove dangerous. This is especially true if there is inclement weather. So just take your time and try not to rush to much.